Entry-level field instructor position for those with qualifications and little experience
These positions are for young adults who are looking for field experience to gain professional development in group management, adventure programmes and activity leading. This role provides experience in all sectors of our organisation, facilitating programs for clients of all ages.
This is a great opportunity to meet people from around the world.
The primary role of Intern is to deliver school programmes, assist on corporate team building programmes and with special events as part of a team. Interns prepare materials for programmes and assist in the care of equipment and other resources.
Activities include leading surf camp in summer and the fall season is focused on adventure-based programmes with community service, creative and environmental activities. Interns will lead activities for corporate training programmes and overall TIG operations,including duties at TIG Beach Club and in Mavericks restaurant, campsite and equipment maintenance, support of family camps and programme preparation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead outdoor, adventure and environmental education recreational and school camp programmes for children and youth on Lantau Island and at other locations in Hong Kong and the region for TIG (in English)
- Lead activities for corporate team building programmes (in English)
- Contribute to the safety of programme participants by following TIG field and safety procedures
- Support programmes in preparation of programme materials, set up/take down of programme equipment, facilitation of camp meals, etc.
- Serve client groups in outdoor and adventure activities (ie. water sports rental, lessons, camping) and during special events like company parties
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on programme equipment and sites (ie. inspection, rinsing PFDs, preparing campsite for camping, etc.)
- Service in TIG Beach Club and Mavericks restaurant and bar
- Perform other duties related to Treasure Island Group as required for Treasure Island camps, Corporate Adventures programmes and Mavericks events
- Display integrity, adaptability, professionalism, caring and empathy, environmental awareness, support for diversity and pride in a job well done at all times as an identifiable member of the TIG community, including at the staff flats and in the community at large.
- Interest in leading student outdoor education programs (environment, adventure/wilderness education, expeditions)
- Experience working in a teaching/instructional role with children, youth or adults is an advantage.
- Native/fluency in spoken and written English; Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset.
- Excellent swimming ability and high level of physical fitness
- Experience in residential and camping centres is an asset
- Experience in or affinity for multi-cultural settings
- Good sense of humour and a strong team member
- Mature and dependable with solid judgment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Certificates in two outdoor technical skills (lifeguarding, kayaking, climbing, ropes course, surfing, etc)
- Standard First Aid and CPR (originals of certificates are required)
- A clean police check from country of residence during the last 12 months
- Risk management certification and/or experience
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.treasureislandhk.com/job-application/ →