TREASURE ISLAND FAMILY ADVENTURE PASS 2020
CALLING ALL WEEKEND WARRIORS!
Surfing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Raft Building, Kayaking, Orienteering, Campcraft Skills, Gorging, Abseiling, Coasteering and more – there’s never been a better way to get the family out and about in the community in your own backyard! Specially designed for Lantau Locals, the Family Adventure Pass will enable you and your family to make the best of Pui O’s stunning unspoilt beach and surroundings with professional facilities, equipment and instructors from Treasure Island.
Local Lantau Promotion: For a family of up to 5, you get:
- 16 group lessons (each lesson 60-90mins.)
- If you run out of group lessons before the end of the Family Adventure Pass season, you can buy a group top-up of 10 lessons for HK$1250.
- Free weekend afternoon equipment rentals for up to 3 family members (subject to availability). Now available Weekdays during March!
- Locals discount for families at TIG Beach Club during the sessions.
After your 3 months have expired and you would like to extend your free afternoon rentals and lessons, get in touch with us and you’ll get a special discount for being such great Locals.
As this is one of our most popular community programmes, sign up quickly so you can get your Adventure Pass started! The local promotion is for the first 50 Adventure Passes. After this promotion, our Family Adventure Pass is $2500 per family. We are looking to grow this community full of Adventure Community Environment, BE ACE with TIG!
For more information and full details, check the website www.treasureislandhk.com,
or call (+852) 2546 3543 Mon-Fri or (+852) 5236 7016
Free rentals between 13:00 and 17:00 Saturdays & Sundays (2 hrs max -max 3 family members -subject to availability).
- Body Boards
- Surf Boards
- Stand Up Paddle Boards
All equipment comes with a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) as optional.
*For your own personal safety, you will need to wear a PFD for kayaking.
You will be requested to come and check in with TIG staff after 2 hours of rental. If we are not busy, you can continue using our equipment. If we are, you will be asked to return the equipment.
Every Friday afternoon (during February only) we will run a 90minutes lesson / activity. Every Saturday and Sunday we will run 2 lessons / activities in the morning -the first Session is 60 minutes long and the second, 90 minutes long.
These will vary from week to week depending on weather and wave conditions but also on what your favourites are! Some will be for kids only whilst others can be enjoyed by the whole family!
- Friday Session will be from 3:30 – 5:00 (February only!).
- Weekend Session 1 will be from 09:30 – 10:30.
- Weekend Session 2 will be from 11:00 – 12:30.
Registration will start 30 minutes before each Session and everyone needs to be signed in by an adult. Please do not leave the beach area during the sessions – instead, why not enjoy the Treasure Island Restaurant and Bar while your child(ren) has/have fun in the sun?
Here is a sample of some of the lessons and activities we will be providing:
- Raft building. Learn new knots and design your own raft! Let’s see if it floats by trying it out…
- Kayaking. Pui O is the perfect bay for beginner and seasoned kayakers alike – nicely sheltered but plenty to explore!
- Surfing. Why live near a beach and not try to ride its waves? Get ahead of everyone else before our Surf Camps start in the Summer and hang ten.
- Nippers & Sandy Shores. A great way to explore our beautiful beach and its ecosystem. What actually lives on this beach? Is it scary? How can we take care of it? Learn all of this while having fun with the Nippers activities.
- Coasteering and Rocky Shores. Don’t know what coasteering is? Doesn’t matter! We’ll teach you! A great way to explore a little further afield and see what’s clinging on to those rocks at the end of the beach.
- Survival Skills. You don’t need to be a millionaire and have an underground bunker to survive the apocalypse if you know how to make your own shelter and build your own fire!
- Orienteering. Always getting lost? Too reliant on technology to get where you need to be? Learn how to use a map and find cool clues along your journey.
- Game of Life. If you don’t know how to play it, you’ll never live it 100%! Join us in the wetlands for a muddy educational run-around.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding. Your first step towards being able to take your best Instagram photo while doing a headstand or your favourite yoga pose on a board. We won’t take pictures of you falling in, promise.
- Beach Games. Because sometimes mum and dad need to sit peacefully in a restaurant on a Sat/Sun morning enjoying a lovely breakfast while their pride and joy is being looked after by someone reliable.
- … and more. We run educational camps during the week at Treasure Island and, as such, have plenty more fun games and activities we can run throughout the year.
Once you sign up to the Family Adventure Pass, we will send you the lesson schedules 2 weeks in advance so you know what’s coming. Each lesson will have a capacity of up to 16 participants so get here early to avoid disappointment – there will not be any pre-booking of places.
- Guardian must sign in and sign out each session.
- Guardian must sign a safety medical checklist before each session.
- Technical equipment is provided (helmets, kayaks, ropes etc.).
- Participants must bring their own snack and water bottle in a daypack or waterproof drybag for water activities.
- Participants must wear appropriate outdoor & wet gear.
- Closed-toed shoes are a must for all water and land activities.
- We do not allow flip flops, crocs or bare feet for any TIG activities.
- Registration of personal information and signing of a waiver will be required on sign-up for Family Adventure Pass.
- First come first play – ***No pre-bookings. You must be here 15min. before lessons and max 16 per activity.
AGE RESTRICTIONS & SUPERVISION
Kids Only &Family Lessons
- Land-based activitiess – minimum age 5
- Water and technical activities – minimum age 7
- Equipment can only be signed out by a responsible adult over 18 years of age who is also part of the Family Adventure Pass Membership.
- All parents must sign a waiver on behalf of the child renting the equipment.
- No supervision required for 16 years & older.
- We will not give out equipment to children under 16 to use on their own.
Supervision to be carried out by a responsible adult over the age of 18. Supervisors will be required to sign a waiver on behalf of the child renting the equipment. No supervision required for 16 years & older.
WEATHER CONTINGENCY & CANCELLATIONS
T8, Black Rain Storm All activities that day are cancelled.
T3, Red Rain Storm & Lightning Continue as planned and adjust activities as needed for safe running of Session – times may be adjusted to suit local weather conditions. During these weather conditions, Treasure Island will post a notification on our TIG Facebook page by 08:00 on the morning of the day’s events.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
How the Adventure Pass works:
First come & first-serve sign-up policy – must be here 15min before and sign in! – no pre-booking.
- FAP has 2 scheduled lessons per day in the AM on the weekends (Sat / Sun)
- Activity lessons are set 3:30-5:00pm / 9:30-10:30 / 11:00-12:30 mornings
- Rentals are 1:00-5:00 pm in the afternoon (2hrs max per day/max 3 family members)
- Up to two-family members can use the pass per activity
- Treasure Island has the right to stop any activity if conditions are not safe to proceed.
- Waivers must be signed by a guardian for anyone 18 years or younger, this is a one-off waiver for the season.
- Participants must bring own snack and water in a daypack or waterproof drybag for water activities.
- Participants must wear appropriate outdoor or wet gear. Closed-toed shoes are a must for all water and land activities. We do not allow flip flops, crocs or bare feet for any TIG activities.
- TIG has the right to refuse a participant if we do not feel they are safe enough to operate equipment/ do not have the correct equipment or behave in an unsafe manner.
- Participants could be charged a damage or lost fee for misuse of equipment.Each family member must be registered for the pass – details required include Name / Age / Medical Information / Swimming ability / photo ID etc. You will then be provided a family pass.