Summer Adventure Camp (5-16 years old)
Got adventure sports in your veins? This is a day and overnight camp for adventures who want to experience a variety of exciting outdoor pursuits. They will develop outdoor leadership skills such as trip preparation, equipment management and self-organisation including a whole lot of fun! Adventure Camp has different outdoor activities every day, in various locations on Lantau island, with an overnight camping experience (usually from Thursday to Friday). Lunch and snacks are included daily. Adventure Campers must be capable and confident swimmers with good overall fitness and stamina.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY (TYPICAL PLANNED PROGRAMME)
|Day 1||Sea: Coasteering introduction followed by a mini expedition, beach clean and Rocky Shores (Pui O Beach)|
|Day 2||Rock: Hiking and Gorging (San Shek Wan)(WET)|
|Day 3||Sea: Kayaking* and Expedition Meal Planning|
|Day 4||Overnight expedition**: Hiking, Leave No Trace, Fire-making, Cooking and Shelter Building|
|Day 5||Mixed: Return from expedition, Coasteer & Surf/SUP|
* 5-7 year olds are too young for kayaking. Instead they will do ship or raft building.
* 5-7 year olds are too young to be camping independently overnight and will be returned to Central Star Ferry #7. Please note that this schedule is subject to change due to weather and other conditions
NEW!! PICK UP & DROP OFF!
Tung Chung & Central
If you have picked the shuttle option, then the children will be picked up from Central Star Ferry #7 every morning at 8:00am and dropped off every afternoon at 4:30pm at the same place. All children are required to be signed in and out each morning and afternoon by a parent or approved guardian over the age of 18. It’s imperative you arrive on time. There will also be an additional pickup/drop-off point at Tung Chung MTR station.
If you would like to make your own way to TIG to drop off your child(ren) and pick them up after camp, please email us at email@example.com ahead of time. Our camp coordinator will let you know of the timings and we will also have to make a note on our sign in sheet.
All Safety and Medical checks with temperature must be taken each day.
Safety is our top priority. TIG is proud to have passed a third-party safety audit by ROSA -The Register of Outdoor Safety Auditors. The instructor to child ratio in the water and on rocks is 1:8. Dry land activities are at a 1:15 ratio. Camp has scheduled sunscreen and water breaks. Adventure Camp includes contingency activities for poor weather conditions. Our staff are First Aid certified (minimum) and trained specifically to work with children in the outdoors on adventure-based learning programmes. Pui O Beach is a gazetted beach with LCSD lifeguards on duty. TIG reserves the right to modify or cancel activities as necessary for the well-being of campers.
WHAT TO BRING IN A COMFORTABLE BACKPACK (15-20L MAX) EVERY DAY
- Rain jacket
- Wet clothes (rash guard / T-shirt, sports shorts / sports leggings and swimsuit)
- Wet shoes – must protect the toes (old pair of trainers or water-shoes)
- Microfibre towel
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Mosquito repellent (spray, cream or wristband – no stickers)
- DAY AND OVERNIGHT Camp packing list here What to Pack
WHAT TO WEAR EVERY DAY
- T-shirt and shorts
- Closed toe shoes (not crocs) and socks
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Phone or electronic devices (unless you have opted for your child who is over 13 years old to sign themselves in/out)
- Food containing peanuts or shellfish (we provide all food and snacks on camp)
- Sharp objects / knives
- Tent for Day 4 (also provided by us)
CANCELLATIONS & POSTPONEMENTS
Where TIG cancels a day of Adventure Camp, a make-up day will be provided. In the case of a government cancellation (T8, Black rain, Covid), no refund will be issued, however there will be a makeup day or voucher available.
T3, Lighting & Red Rain storms, Treasure Island will still operate and provide contingency activities throughout the day. We follow Hong Kong Observatory guidelines and Windguru .
REFUNDS / CHANGE OF DATES
TIG will charge $500 admin fee on all refunds and change of camp dates. Treasure Island will only provide refunds If your child is unwell and unable to attend, TIG require proof of a medical certificate from a registered doctor.