Summer Youth eXtreme Camp (13-17 years old)
Got adventure sports in your veins?
This is a week-long day camp for adventurers who want to experience a variety of exciting outdoor pursuits as well as develop outdoor leadership skills such as trip preparation, equipment and material checks and group organisation. eXtreme Camp has different activities every day, in various locations on Lantau. Lunch and two snacks a day are included.
TIG now offers a NEW programme for youth aged 13-17.
If you would like your child(ren) to experience adventure on another level, then our eXtreme Youth Camp is for you! Featuring new activities such as Mountain Biking and Abseiling!
NEW! Youth eXtreme Camp Schedule (13-17 yrs old) From HKD 5280
MONDAY TO FRIDAY (TYPICAL PLANNED PROGRAMME)
|1||Sea: Surfing & SUP (Pui O Beach)|
|2||Land: Mountain Biking (Pui O)|
|3||Land: Peak Hike Challenge & Leave No Trace (Pui O)|
|4||Overnight expedition: Gorging, Fire-making, Cooking + BBQ & Camping (Cheung Sha & Pui O)|
|5||Land & Sea: Coasteering (Pui O Beach)|
*Please note that this schedule is subject to change due to weather and other conditions
After successful purchase REGISTER HERE
In order to give your child(ren) the best camp experience, it is required that you fill in a registration form for each individual child with all his/her health and dietary information. All registrations need to be done immediately following the purchase of camp(s). After payment, you will receive an automatically generated confirmation email from us with a booking number – you will need to use this in your registration (please check your Spam folder in case you don’t find it in your Inbox). Click here for the registration form. Note – If you have purchased multiple camps in one transaction, you will only receive 1 confirmation email with 1 booking number. This booking number can be used in each individual registration form for your children.
PICK UP & DROP OFF
Shuttle – Tung Chung & Central
If you have picked the shuttle option, then the children will be picked up from Central Star Ferry #7 every morning at 8:00am and dropped off every afternoon at 4:30pm at the same place. All children are required to be signed in and out each morning and afternoon by a parent or approved guardian over the age of 18. It’s imperative you arrive on time. There will also be an additional pickup/drop-off point at Tung Chung MTR station.
If you would like to make your own way to TIG to drop off your child(ren) and pick them up after camp, please indicate that during camp registration and arrive to Pui O Beach by 9:20 for sign-in. Camp finishes at 15:00 at which point you will be able to sign them out (Except on Thursday as they will be staying for sleepover).
All Safety and Medical checks with temperature must be taken each day.
Safety is our top priority. The instructor to child ratio in the water and on rocks is 1:8. Dry land activities are at a 1:15 ratio. Camp has scheduled sunscreen and water breaks. Adventure Camp includes contingency activities for poor weather conditions. Our staff are First Aid certified (minimum) and trained specifically to work with children in the outdoors on adventure-based learning programmes. Pui O Beach is a gazetted beach with LCSD lifeguards on duty. TIG reserves the right to modify or cancel activities as necessary for the well-being of campers.
WHAT TO WEAR EVERY DAY
- T-shirt and shorts
- Closed toe shoes (not crocs) and socks
WHAT TO BRING IN A COMFORTABLE BACKPACK (15-20L MAX) EVERY DAY
- Rain jacket
- Wet clothes (rash guard / T-shirt, sports shorts / sports leggings and swimsuit)
- Wet shoes – must protect the toes (old pair of trainers or water-shoes)
- Microfibre towel
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Mosquito repellent (spray, cream or wristband – no stickers)
- DAY AND OVERNIGHT Camp packing list here What to Pack
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Phone or electronic devices (unless you have opted for your child who is over 13 years old to sign themselves in/out)
- Food containing peanuts or shellfish (we provide all food and snacks on camp)
- Sharp objects / knives
- Tent for Day 4 (provided by TIG)
- All cancellations need to be advised by email and confirmed by TIG. Please email to email@example.com.
- 7 or more days before first day of camp – 10% admin fee of total booking cost.
- 4 to 7 days before first day of camp – 50% admin fee of total booking cost.
- Admin fees can be waived (notice period 4 days or more) if you take a credit voucher.
- 3 days or less – No refund will be provided, no re-schedule permitted, no credit voucher.
- In case of Typhoon 8 or Black rain signal the camp day will be cancelled and TIG will arrange a make-up day within the same season or offer a credit voucher.
- Should TIG cancel the camp, a credit voucher will be given.
- All re-scheduling requests need to be advised by email and confirmed by TIG. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Re-schedules must be advised no less than 4 days in advance prior to the first day of camp.
- Each booking can have 1 re-schedule request FREE of charge per booking. Any additional requests – HKD 500 per participant.