Grommet’s Surf Camp (5-9 years old)
This is an ideal day camp for beginner and younger surfers. Grommet groups are set by age. The Grommet camp includes 3 hours surfing and 1 hour land-based session of beach safety, ocean education and fun & games every day. Surfers return home every evening and all pick up and drop off are at the Central Ferry Pier No.7. Lunch and snacks are included. All surfers receive a group photo and any additional surf photos are uploaded on our Facebook page for individual orders. Surfer should be capable and confident swimmers.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY (TYPICAL DAY PROGRAMME)
|8:00||Pick up of surfers by TIG at Central ferry pier #7.|
|AM||Two surf sessions with a snack, water & sunscreen break in between.|
|12:15||Lunch (TIG LUNCH: Sandwich Buffet / Mac & Cheese / Sausage Sizzle / Grilled Cheese)|
|PM||Surf session, dry session with snack, water & sunscreen break in between.|
|15:30||Private Bus via Tung Chung to Central|
|16:30||Pick up by parents/guardians at Central ferry pier #7 and sign out|
*Please note that this schedule is subject to change due to weather and other conditions
After successful purchase REGISTER HERE
In order to give your child(ren) the best camp experience, it is required that you fill in a registration form for each individual child with all his/her health and dietary information. All registrations need to be done immediately following the purchase of camp(s). After payment, you will receive an automatically generated confirmation email from us with a booking number – you will need to use this in your registration (please check your Spam folder in case you don’t find it in your Inbox). Click here for the registration form. Note – If you have purchased multiple camps in one transaction, you will only receive 1 confirmation email with 1 booking number. This booking number can be used in each individual registration form for your children.
PICK UP & DROP OFF
Shuttle – Tung Chung & Central
Pick up Time & Location: 8:00 at Central Ferry Pier #7 & 9:00 at Tung Chung DB01R Bus Station.
Drop off Time & Location: 15:45 at Tung Chung DB01R Bus Station & 16:30 at Central Ferry Pier #7
All children are required to be signed in and out each morning and afternoon by a parent or approved guardian over the age of 18. It’s imperative you arrive on time.
If you would like to make your own way to TIG to drop off your child(ren) and pick them up after camp, please indicate that during camp registration and arrive to Pui O Beach by 9:20 for sign-in. Camp finishes at 15:00 at which point you will be able to sign them out.
All Safety and Medical checks with temperature must be taken each day.
SAFETY & SUPERVISION
Surf Safety is our number 1 priority. All instructors are first aid certified and have undergone onsite training and assessments to operate our activities. Supervision is monitored through our risk assessments and ratios are set for each of our activities. The instructor to surfer ratio in the water is 1:3 for Grommets; dry land activities are at a 1:15 ratio. Camp has scheduled sunscreen and water breaks. Pui O Beach is a gazetted beach with LCSD lifeguards on duty. Surf camp includes contingency activities for poor weather conditions. TIG reserves the right to modify or cancel activities as necessary for the well-being of campers.
WHAT TO WEAR EVERY DAY
- T-shirt and shorts
- Closed toe shoes (not crocs) and socks
WHAT TO BRING IN A COMFORTABLE BACKPACK (15-20L MAX) EVERY DAY
- Rain jacket
- Wet clothes (rash guard / T-shirt, sports shorts / sports leggings and swimsuit)
- Wet shoes – must protect the toes (old pair of trainers or water-shoes)
- Microfibre towel
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Mosquito repellent (spray, cream or wristband – no stickers)
- DAY Camp packing list here What to Pack
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Phone or electronic devices
- Food containing peanuts or shellfish (we provide all food and snacks on camp)
- Sharp objects / knives
- All cancellations need to be advised by email and confirmed by TIG. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7 or more days before first day of camp – 10% admin fee of total booking cost.
- 4 to 7 days before first day of camp – 50% admin fee of total booking cost.
- Admin fees can be waived (notice period 4 days or more) if you take a credit voucher.
- 3 days or less – No refund will be provided, no re-schedule permitted, no credit voucher.
- In case of Typhoon 8 or Black rain signal the camp day will be cancelled and TIG will arrange a make-up day within the same season or offer a credit voucher.
- Should TIG cancel the camp, a credit voucher will be given.
- All re-scheduling requests need to be advised by email and confirmed by TIG. Please email to email@example.com.
- Re-schedules must be advised no less than 4 days in advance prior to the first day of camp.
- Each booking can have 1 re-schedule request FREE of charge per booking. Any additional requests – HKD 500 per participant.